Friday, June 18, 2010

Outside stuff

We've been able to devote some time to our landscape. You can also see most of the other changes from this picture.


We added a couple of hydrangeas. Can you tell which was planted last fall and which was planted this spring?


We added some herbs leading up one set of steps to the house. Two kinds of thyme and two kinds of sage.


Most recently, we added this planting at the corner of our driveway and sidewalk. I used a combination of native and non-native plants.
Threadleaf coreopsis, Missouri primrose, Turtlehead, Purple poppy mallow, Bush's poppy mallow, and Blue star aster.


Bobby made this planter for me. I used it for spring plants, but some didn't do so hot.
Maybe fall will be better.


Butternut squash that is supposed to grow up the nylon grid (with a little assistance from me, of course.)


One of two trellises that I'm using to grow cucumber, tomatoes, watermelon, and cantaloupe.
In front, I've added several pepper plants, mint, and various flowers.


Earlier in spring, I couldn't stand waiting for things in my yard to bloom, so I mixed some flowers with herbs and put them into planters.

No comments: